Black Garlic Honey Butter Lobster Tail
featured in 3 Stunning But Simple Christmas Seafood Starters
This elegant seafood dish is a decadent feast for the senses. The sweet and savory black garlic butter is the perfect complement to the tender and juicy lobster tail. The rich flavors and buttery texture make this dish a true indulgence.
May 05, 2023
for 4 servings
- 2 lobster tails
- ½ shallot, diced
- 5 cloves black garlic, crushed
- ½ cup white wine (100 mL)
- 1 tablespoon parsley, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 cup butter (200 g)
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Calories 587
- Fat 47g
- Carbs 4g
- Fiber 0g
- Sugar 0g
- Protein 35g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Bring 700ml (3 cups) of water to a boil, add 2 tbsp salt and your lobster tails. Simmer for 5 mins. Remove from the water and plunge into an ice bath.
- Melt 50g butter in a saucepan and when bubbling, add shallot & garlic, season with a pinch of salt & pepper and cook until soft and caramelised
- Now, deglaze the pan by adding 100ml white wine and reduce to half.
- Turn the heat to low. Add a pinch of salt & pepper, parsley, parmesan, honey, and remaining butter. Stir to combine and set aside.
- Cut down the length of your lobster tails and place on a baking tray
- Brush the flesh with the sauce and grill for 10 minutes.
- Serve the tails on a bed of salad dressed with wedges of lemon and the remaining sauce.