89% would make again
Brownie Ice Cream Sandwiches
featured in Junk Food Lovers
for 8 servings
- 1 chocolate fudge brownie mix, prepared according to package
- 1 ½ qt ice cream (945 g), preferred flavor
- Calories 509
- Fat 21g
- Carbs 72g
- Fiber 2g
- Sugar 56g
- Protein 7g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Preheat oven to 350˚F (180˚C).
- Prepare the brownie mix as directed for “fudgy” brownies. Replace the directed amount of water with dark, freshly brewed, coffee.
- Take 1 cup (235 ml) of the batter and transfer it to a 9 x 9in (23 x 23 cm) brownie tray that has been lined with parchment paper.
- Using a spatula, spread the batter evenly over the bottom of the pan to make a thin layer.
- Once the batter is spread out, take another piece of parchment paper and layer it on top of the batter. Using your hands, smooth out the brownie mix to create a flat, even layer in the pan with no air bubbles between the batter and the paper.
- Repeat steps 3 and 4 so that you have 2 thin brownie layers.
- Bake for 14 minutes.
- Once baked, remove the top layer of parchment paper form the brownie. Then remove the thin brownie form one pan and transfer it to a cooling rack.
- NOTE: You will have one on the cooling rack and another still in the baking tray with the top layer of parchment paper removed.
- Take the ice cream out of the freezer and give it 5-10 minutes to soften.
- Once soft, spread the ice cream over the top of the brownie in the baking tray.
- Take the first brownie layer from the cooling rack and placing it on top.
- Lightly press the top brownie down into the ice cream then transfer the entire baking tray to the freezer to freeze completely.
- Once frozen, use the remaining layer of parchment paper to lift the contents out of the baking tray and transfer them to a cutting board.
- Quickly trim away the excess ice cream.
- Cut the large layered brownie square into 8 2x4-inch (5x10-cm) sandwiches.
- Either serve immediately or wrap the sandwiches in foil and transfer them back to the freezer for a later time.