for 4 servings
- 2 ½ lb boneless pork shoulder (1 kg), cut into 2-inch (5 cm) cubes
- 3 teaspoons kosher salt, divided
- 2 ½ teaspoons McCormick® Pure Ground Black Pepper, divided
- 2 tablespoons neutral oil, such as canola
- 1 cup chicken stock (240 mL)
- ½ cup orange juice (120 mL)
- ¼ cup lime juice (60 mL)
- 8 cloves garlic, roughly chopped
- 1.12 oz McCormick® Fajita Seasoning Mix (30 g)
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® dried oregano
- 1 cup finely diced pineapple (140 g)
- 1 cup finely diced mango (140 g)
- ½ cup finely diced red onion (75 g)
- ½ cup finely diced red bell pepper (50 g)
- ¼ cup finely chopped jalapeño (20 g)
- 2 limes, juiced
- ½ teaspoon McCormick® Crushed Red Pepper
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 8 tostadas, 8 in (20 cm)
- 1 cup guacamole (365 g)
This recipe isn’t available to shop.
Unfortunately, not all our recipes can be shopped through Tasty.
- Make the carnitas: Season the pork with 2 teaspoons of salt and 2 teaspoons of McCormick® Pure Ground Black Pepper.
- Turn the Instant Pot on the Sauté setting, then add the oil and heat until it shimmers, 1–2 minutes. Working in batches to avoid overcrowding the pot, sear the pork until golden brown, about 2 minutes on each side. Transfer the pork to a plate as it’s done searing.
- Return all of the seared pork to the Instant Pot, along with any juices that have accumulated on the plate, then add the chicken stock, orange juice, lime juice, garlic, McCormick® Fajita Spice Mix, McCormick® Dried Oregano, the remaining teaspoon of salt, and the remaining ½ teaspoon of McCormick® Pure Ground Black Pepper and stir to combine. Turn off the Sauté setting, then secure the Instant Pot lid, making sure the vent is set to sealing. Manually set to cook on high pressure for 30 minutes. Once the timer goes off, let the pressure release naturally for 20 minutes, then carefully switch the vent to release the rest of the steam.
- Make the pineapple salsa: In a medium bowl, combine the pineapple, mango, red onion, red bell pepper, jalapeño, lime juice, McCormick® Crushed Red Pepper, and salt. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Turn the broiler on high. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Uncover the Instant Pot, then use a slotted spoon to transfer the pork to the prepared baking sheet, leaving the liquid behind in the pot. Shred the pork with two forks, then add ½ cup (120 ml) of the liquid from the pot and toss to moisten the pork.
- Broil the pork for 3–5 minutes, or until the top is crispy. Remove the baking sheet from the broiler and toss, then broil again for 3–5 minutes more, or until very crispy. Remove from the oven.
- Assemble the tostadas: Spread 1–2 tablespoons of guacamole on each tostada, then top with the carnitas and pineapple salsa.
- Serve warm.