These roll-ups are like a Philly cheesesteak in a bite-sized package! With tender steak, melty cheese, and a flaky crust, they're perfect for game day or any gathering.
May 04, 2023
93% would make again
for 4 servings
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 white onion, sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and sliced
- green bell pepper, seeded and sliced
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt, plus 2 teaspoons, divided
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon pepper, plus 1 teaspoon, divided
- 2 lb flank steak (910 g)
- 14 slices provolone cheese, divided
- Calories 475
- Fat 21g
- Carbs 3g
- Fiber 38g
- Sugar 1g
- Protein 63g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Preheat the oven to 425°F (220°C).
- Heat the vegetable oil in a large pan over high heat. Add the onion and cook for 10 minutes, until translucent and the edges start to brown.
- Push the onion to one side of the pan and add the red and green bell peppers to the pan. Season with 2 teaspoons of salt, 1 teaspoon of garlic powder, and 1 teaspoon of pepper, and cook until the peppers soften, about 5 minutes. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- Place the steak on the cutting board, and cover with a piece of plastic wrap. Pound with a meat mallet or rolling pin to about ½-inch (1 ¼ cm) thick.
- Remove the plastic wrap and season the steak on both sides with 1 tablespoon of salt and 1 tablespoon of pepper.
- Line 7 slices of Provolone cheese along the bottom edge of the steak. Place the sautéed vegetables on top.
- Starting from the bottom, roll up the steak, encasing the cheese and vegetables inside.
- Top with the remaining 7 slices of Provolone and secure with skewers or toothpicks.
- Transfer the steak roll to a baking sheet and bake for 30 minutes, until cheese is melty and the steak is cooked through to your preference.
- Rest for 10 minutes before slicing between the skewers and serving.
- Your favorite recipes are just a click away. Download the Tasty app to save and organize your favorites.