98% would make again
Asparagus-Stuffed Chicken Breast
featured in Romantic Chicken Dinner In Less Than 45 Minutes
November 29, 2022
for 4 servings
- 3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 9 asparagus, ends trimmed
- 3 slices provolone cheese
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- Calories 209
- Fat 5g
- Carbs 2g
- Fiber 1g
- Sugar 0g
- Protein 35g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Preheat oven to 425˚F (220˚F).
- On a cutting board, cut the chicken breasts in half, lengthwise, leaving it intact on one side.
- Season the inside of the chicken with salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle the lemon zest on the interior of the chicken. Top with piece of provolone and three stalks of asparagus, then fold the chicken over enclosing the filling.
- Season the outside of the chicken breasts with salt, pepper, garlic powder, and paprika.
- Heat a large oven-safe skillet over medium-high heat, and add the oil. Add the chicken to the pan, and cook for 3 to 5 minutes, until golden brown.
- Flip the chicken over and cook for an additional 3 to 5 minutes.
- Cover the skillet with aluminum foil and place in the oven for 15 minutes, or until the internal temperature reaches 155˚F (70˚C).
- Remove the skillet and let sit, covered, for 5 minutes.
- Remove the foil, and serve.