97% would make again
Healthy Fajita-Stuffed Chicken
featured in Low Calorie Weekday Chicken Recipes
for 2 servings
- ½ red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- ½ yellow bell pepper, thinly sliced
- ½ green bell pepper, thinly sliced
- ½ white onion, thinly sliced
- 2 chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons oil, divided
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 ½ teaspoons cumin
- Calories 437
- Fat 19g
- Carbs 15g
- Fiber 3g
- Sugar 7g
- Protein 48g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C).
- In a small bowl, mix together all of the fajita seasoning ingredients and set aside.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a large, ovenproof skillet. Toss in the bell peppers and onions and sprinkle on 2 teaspoons of the fajita seasoning. Sauté until the veggies have softened, about 6 minutes.
- Using a sharp knife, slice into the side of a chicken breast to form a large pocket, being careful not to cut all the way through.
- Spoon in some of the fajita pepper mixture so that the breast is comfortably stuffed.
- Season the chicken on both sides with fajita seasoning.
- Heat the remaining oil in the skillet and brown the chicken, about 4-5 minutes per side.
- Transfer the skillet to the oven and bake for 10-15 minutes, until the meat is cooked through.
- Let the chicken rest for 5 minutes before slicing.