95% would make again
Cheesy Hasselback Chicken
June 10, 2019
for 2 servings
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 ½ cups white mushroom (115 g)
- salt, to taste
- black pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaf
- 4 cups baby spinach (160 g)
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- 3 tablespoons shredded cheddar cheese
- Calories 397
- Fat 15g
- Carbs 10g
- Fiber 5g
- Sugar 1g
- Protein 55g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Heat the oil over medium heat in a large, nonstick skillet.
- Toss in the mushrooms and season with salt, pepper, and thyme. Sauté until the mushrooms have started to darken in color.
- Place the spinach on top of the mushrooms and toss until the greens have wilted, about 2-3 minutes. Set the spinach mixture aside.
- Season the chicken breasts on both sides with salt and pepper.
- Using a sharp knife, make vertical cuts, about half an inch apart, making sure not to cut all the way through the chicken.
- Transfer the chicken to a greased roasting pan.
- Stuff the spinach mixture into the cuts of the chicken breasts. Season with paprika and top with a sprinkle of grated cheddar cheese.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes at 400°F (200°C), until the cheese has melted and the chicken has reached an internal temperature of 165°F (72°C).
- Let the meat rest for 5 minutes before serving.