97% would make again
Sun-dried Tomato & Spinach–stuffed Chicken
featured in Gourmet Recipes To Master In Your 40s
Inspired by yammiesnoshery.com
for 2 servings
- 4 cups whole wheat pasta (800 g), cooked
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- pepper, to taste
- salt, to taste
- 2 cloves garlic, sliced
- ½ cup shredded mozzarella cheese (50 g)
- 2 oz baby spinach (55 g)
- ½ cup sundried tomato (30 g)
Spinach marinara sauce
- 2 cups marinara sauce (520 g)
- 4 oz baby spinach (115 g)
- Preheat oven to 375˚F (190˚C).
- With a knife, carefully cut a slit in the side of the chicken making sure to not cut all the way through.
- Season the chicken breasts with olive oil, pepper, and salt.
- Stuff each chicken breast with a clove of garlic, half of the mozzarella, half of the sun-dried tomatoes, and 1 ounce (30g) of baby spinach. (You may use toothpicks to close the ingredients inside the chicken breasts if desired, just remember to remove them!)
- In a cast-iron skillet, sear chicken on medium-high heat until all sides are browned.
- Continue baking in oven for 15-20 minutes, or until internal temperature of the chicken reaches 165˚F (75˚C). Set aside.
- Heat marinara and spinach in the cast-iron skillet on medium-high heat until spinach is wilted.
- Serve chicken on top of whole wheat pasta and spinach marinara sauce.