90% would make again
Bacon Guacamole Chicken Bombs
featured in 12 Tasty Bombs
for 8 chicken bombs
- 2 ripe avocados
- ½ white onion, finely chopped
- ½ tomato, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- ½ tablespoon kosher salt, plus more to taste
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- black pepper, to taste
- 8 strips bacon
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- Calories 397
- Fat 24g
- Carbs 6g
- Fiber 2g
- Sugar 1g
- Protein 37g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Using a knife, cut around the pit of each avocado, separating the halves from each other. Remove the pits and use a spoon to scoop out the flesh.
- In a large bowl, combine the avocado, onion, tomato, cilantro, salt, and lime juice. Mash and stir with a fork until there are no large chunks of avocado left.
- Season the chicken breasts with salt and pepper on all sides. Slice chicken breasts in half crosswise.
- Cut a slit in the center of each half to make a pocket. Take a heaping spoonful of the guacamole and pack it into the pocket. Pinch the edges closed.
- Wrap each chicken breast with 2 strips of bacon, making sure the ends of the bacon all end up on the same side of the chicken.
- Heat oil in a large pan over high heat. Sear the bacon-wrapped chicken for 2-3 minutes on each side. Remember to sear the sides of the chicken as well.
- Transfer the chicken to a baking dish and bake for 10 minutes, or until cooked through and the internal temperature reaches 165°F (75°C). Serve immediately.