80% would make again
Cheese-Stuffed Jalapeño Poppers
featured in Potluck Poppers
for 12 poppers
- 12 jalapeño peppers
- 1 block pepper jack cheese
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups flour (250 g), as needed
- 2 cups bread crumbs (230 g), as needed
- 24 toothpicks
- Calories 313
- Fat 9g
- Carbs 41g
- Fiber 2g
- Sugar 2g
- Protein 13g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Cut the top off each jalapeño and core it, scraping out all the seeds, with the back side of a spoon.
- Fill the jalapeños with pepper jack cheese, either melted or cubed.
- Place the top back on the jalapeños and secure with two toothpicks inserted diagonally.
- NOTE: Be sure each toothpick goes through both the top and the bottom of the jalapeño to secure it.
- Dredge in flour, eggs, then breadcrumbs. For a thicker breading, double bread the jalapeños by repeating the egg and breadcrumb dredging.
- Heat oil to 325°F (160°C).
- Fry each jalapeño popper until golden brown (about 2-3 minutes).
- Cool and allow extra oil to drip off on a plate lined with paper towels. Remove the toothpicks.
- Season with salt and serve immediately once cooled enough to handle.