Grilled Swineapple Dogs
Craving a taste of the tropics? Look no further than these grilled swineapple dogs. With juicy hot dogs wrapped in bacon and stuffed with sweet pineapple, they're like a vacation for your taste buds.
for 12 servings
- ½ pineapple, cut into 12 thin spears
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 lb bacon strips
- 12 pork hot dogs
- 12 hot dog buns
- BBQ sauce
- minced red onion
- minced jalapeño
- Calories 544
- Fat 36g
- Carbs 26g
- Fiber 3g
- Sugar 5g
- Protein 26g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Preheat a grill or grill plate to low heat.
- Sprinkle the paprika, garlic powder, chili powder, onion powder black pepper, and salt over the pineapple spears in a bowl. Mix until they are completely coated.
- Lay a slice of bacon at a slight diagonal angle on your work surface. Lay a second slice above it making sure they slightly overlapped in the middle.
- Place one hot dog and one thin pineapple spear near the bottom part of the first slice of bacon. Tuck the end of the bacon around the hot dog and pineapple and roll across the counter until they are completely encased. Use toothpicks if needed to get a tight seal.
- Place the hot dogs on the grill and cook, flipping halfway through, until the bacon is crispy and the pineapple and hot dogs are heated through, about 40 minutes.
- Place the dogs into hot dog buns and top with barbecue sauce, red onion, and jalapeño.
- Don't let a good recipe slip away. Download the Tasty app and save your favorites for easy access.