98% would make again
Ham, Cheese, And Spinach-stuffed Chicken
featured in All Things Gemini
for 1 serving
- 1 breast large chicken breast
- 1 slice baby swiss cheese
- 1 slice provolone cheese
- 1 thin slice ham
- 5 leaves baby spinach leaf
- ½ cup flour (60 g)
- 2 eggs, beaten
- ⅔ cup breadcrumb (75 g)
- oil, for frying
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- Calories 1713
- Fat 57g
- Carbs 190g
- Fiber 10g
- Sugar 12g
- Protein 97g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Cut a pocket into the side of the chicken breast.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper.
- Stack the two cheeses and spinach on top of the ham and roll up tightly.
- Stuff the chicken with the roll and press the edges of the chicken together to create a seal.
- Place the flour, eggs, and bread crumbs into 3 separate bowls.
- Being careful to keep the chicken from opening, dip the stuffed chicken in the flour, shaking off the excess. Then dip the floured chicken into the egg, then breadcrumbs, then egg and breadcrumbs again. Coat evenly and shake off any excess breading.
- Heat oil in a cast iron pan over medium heat and preheat oven to 375ºF (190°C).
- Fry the chicken until golden brown on both sides.
- Once the chicken is fried, place into a baking dish and bake for 20 minutes, or until the internal temperature of the chicken reaches a minimum of 165ºF (75ºC).
- Nutrition Calories: 5805 Fat: 524 grams Carbs: 191 grams Fiber: 10 grams Sugars:11 grams Protein: 89 grams