Ham, Cheese, And Spinach-stuffed Chicken
Ham, cheese, and spinach stuffed chicken is a hearty and delicious dinner option that's easy to make. The tender and juicy chicken breast is stuffed with a creamy and cheesy mixture of ham and spinach, creating a flavorful and satisfying meal. Serve with your favorite sides for a complete dinner.
for 1 serving
- 1 breast large chicken breast
- 1 slice baby swiss cheese
- 1 slice provolone cheese
- 1 thin slice ham
- 5 leaves baby spinach leaf
- ½ cup flour (60 g)
- 2 eggs, beaten
- ⅔ cup breadcrumb (75 g)
- oil, for frying
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- Calories 1696
- Fat 56g
- Carbs 191g
- Fiber 10g
- Sugar 12g
- Protein 95g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Cut a pocket into the side of the chicken breast.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper.
- Stack the two cheeses and spinach on top of the ham and roll up tightly.
- Stuff the chicken with the roll and press the edges of the chicken together to create a seal.
- Place the flour, eggs, and bread crumbs into 3 separate bowls.
- Being careful to keep the chicken from opening, dip the stuffed chicken in the flour, shaking off the excess. Then dip the floured chicken into the egg, then breadcrumbs, then egg and breadcrumbs again. Coat evenly and shake off any excess breading.
- Heat oil in a cast iron pan over medium heat and preheat oven to 375ºF (190°C).
- Fry the chicken until golden brown on both sides.
- Once the chicken is fried, place into a baking dish and bake for 20 minutes, or until the internal temperature of the chicken reaches a minimum of 165ºF (75ºC).
- Nutrition Calories: 5805 Fat: 524 grams Carbs: 191 grams Fiber: 10 grams Sugars:11 grams Protein: 89 grams
- Ready for a smarter way to find recipes? Use Botatouille, our AI-powered food genius in the Tasty app. Download here