88% would make again
Inside-Out Fried Chicken Tacos
featured in 5 Fork-less Finger Foods
for 10 servings
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 5 chicken breasts
- pepper, to taste
- salt, to taste
- 3 cups all-purpose flour (375 g)
- 6 large eggs, beaten
- 3 cups breadcrumb
- canola oil, for frying
- 1 cup lettuce (290 g), chopped
- 1 cup guacamole (150 g)
- 1 cup pico de gallo (240 g)
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese (100 g)
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- 1 cup sour cream (230 g)
- Calories 697
- Fat 22g
- Carbs 78g
- Fiber 5g
- Sugar 5g
- Protein 43g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- In a small bowl, combine salt, pepper, paprika, cumin, and onion powder.
- Slice chicken breasts in half laterally to form 10 thin cutlets.
- Place the chicken cutlets between 2 sheets of plastic wrap and pound out to ¼-inch (6-mm) thick.
- Season the chicken with spice mix.
- Place the flour, eggs, and bread crumbs in 3 separate shallow dishes. Dredge each cutlet in the flour, then dip in the egg, bread crumbs, back in the egg, and in the bread crumbs once more.
- Place the chicken breasts around the border of a baking sheet, so half of each cutlet drapes over the side of the pan.
- Place a smaller baking sheet wrapped with plastic wrap in the middle of the larger pan.
- Fold the draped halves of the chicken over the smaller pan.
- Freeze for 8 hours or overnight.
- Heat the oil in a large pot until it reaches 375°F (190°C).
- Fry the chicken taco shells, 2 at a time, for 5 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Drain the chicken tacos on a wire rack set over a baking sheet.
- Fill the chicken tacos with lettuce, guacamole, and pico de gallo, and cheddar cheese.
- Garnish with cilantro and sour cream.