Crispy Chicken Sandwich
Sometimes the simplicity of a fried chicken cutlet sandwich just hits the spot! This one has McCormick® Paprika to brighten the chicken breading, plus iceberg lettuce and red onion for crunch.
Under 30 minutes
Under 30 minutes
for 4 servings
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- kosher salt, to taste
- freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- ½ cup cornstarch (65 g)
- 1 tablespoon McCormick® Paprika
- 2 large eggs, whisked
- 2 cups panko breadcrumbs (120 g)
- vegetable oil, for frying
- 8 slices thick-cut sandwich bread
- ⅓ cup mayonnaise (80 g)
- ⅓ cup dijon mustard
- shredded iceberg lettuce
- thinly sliced red onion
- Calories 765
- Fat 32g
- Carbs 52g
- Fiber 3g
- Sugar 2g
- Protein 59g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Set a piece of plastic wrap on a cutting board. Working one at time, place the chicken breasts on the board, then cover with another piece of plastic wrap. Use a meat mallet to pound chicken to ¼- to ½-inch thick. Season both sides of the chicken generously with salt and pepper.
- In a shallow bowl, whisk together cornstarch and McCormick® Paprika. Whisk the eggs in a second shallow bowl and add the panko bread crumbs to a third bowl. Season each of the three bowls with salt. Dredge the chicken in the cornstarch mixture, shaking off the excess. Dip into the eggs to fully coat, then cover with an even layer of panko bread crumbs.
- Heat ½ inch of vegetable oil in a large, high-walled skillet over medium-high heat until the temperature reaches 350ºF (180°C). Carefully lower one breaded chicken breast into the oil. Fry for 4 minutes on the first side, then flip and fry for about 3 minutes on the second side, until golden brown and the internal temperature reaches 165°F (75°C). Drain on paper towels while you repeat with the remaining chicken, then slice each chicken breast in half crosswise.
- Slice the crusts off the sandwich bread, if desired. Spread the mayonnaise over half the slices and the Dijon mustard on the remaining slices. Place a chicken cutlet half on the bread with the mayonnaise. Top with iceberg lettuce and red onion. Close the sandwiches with the Dijon-slathered bread and slice in half crosswise. Serve immediately.
- Don't just wing it -- plan it! Use our meal planner tool in the Tasty app. Download here.