Air Fryer Chicken Parm
What can’t the air fryer do? Here, we use the handy appliance to make super crispy, golden brown chicken Parm. First, air fry the chicken breasts, then top with marinara and mozzarella and return to the air fryer to melt the cheese to gooey perfection.
for 4 servings
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breast (455 g)
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt, plus more to taste
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, plus more to taste
- 1 cup all purpose flour (125 g)
- 2 large eggs
- 1 ½ cups panko breadcrumbs (170 g)
- 1 cup parmesan cheese (125 g)
- nonstick cooking spray, for greasing
- 1 cup marinara sauce (260 g)
- 1 ball fresh mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, finely chopped
- Calories 644
- Fat 20g
- Carbs 50g
- Fiber 2g
- Sugar 4g
- Protein 61g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- On a cutting board, slice each chicken breast in half horizontally, creating 2 cutlets. Place the chicken breast pieces, 1 at a time, in a large zip-top bag. Use a meat mallet to pound the chicken to ¼-inch-thick. Transfer the chicken to the cutting board and pat dry with a paper towel. Season the chicken on both sides with salt and pepper.
- In a shallow bowl, whisk together the flour, 1 teaspoon of salt, and 1 teaspoon of pepper. In another shallow bowl, beat the eggs. Add the panko and Parmesan to a third shallow bowl and whisk to combine.
- Coat the chicken in the flour, shaking off any excess. Then, dip in the eggs, letting any excess drip off. Finally, coat in the panko mixture, making sure all sides are covered. Transfer the chicken to a clean cutting board.
- Preheat the air fryer to 400°F (200°C). Spray the air fryer basket with nonstick spray.
- Place 2 of the chicken pieces in the basket and cook until golden brown, about 7 minutes. Spread ¼ cup of marinara sauce over each piece of chicken. Top with 2 slices of mozzarella. Return to the air fryer until the cheese is melted and golden brown and the internal temperature of the chicken reaches 165°F (75°C), about 5 minutes. Repeat with the remaining chicken.
- Top with the parsley and serve immediately.
- Your favorite recipes are just a click away. Download the Tasty app to save and organize your favorites.