Crispy chicken for everyone! Our version of schnitzel is pan-fried to golden brown perfection and finished with a squeeze of lemon and shower of parsley for brightness. Serve alongside your favorite side dishes, sliced atop a salad, or between bread for a crispy chicken sandwich.
for 4 servings
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast (425 g)
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt, plus more to taste
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, plus more to taste
- 1 cup all purpose flour (125 g)
- 2 large eggs
- 1 ½ cups panko breadcrumbs (170 g)
- ¼ cup vegetable oil (60 mL)
- lemon wedge, for serving
- ¼ cup fresh parsley (10 g)
- Calories 560
- Fat 21g
- Carbs 44g
- Fiber 14g
- Sugar 1g
- Protein 44g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- On a cutting board, slice the chicken breasts in half horizontally, creating 2 thin pieces. Place the chicken breasts, 1 at a time, in a large zip-top bag. Use a meat mallet to pound the chicken to ¼-inch-thick. Transfer the chicken to a cutting board and blot dry with a paper towel. Season the chicken on both sides with salt and pepper.
- In a shallow bowl, whisk together the flour, 1 teaspoon salt, and 1 teaspoon pepper. In another shallow bowl, beat the eggs. Add the panko to a third shallow bowl.
- Coat the chicken in the flour, shaking off any excess. Then, dip in the eggs, letting any excess drip off. Finally, coat in the panko, making sure all sides are covered. Transfer the chicken to a clean cutting board.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a large pan over medium-high heat. Once the oil begins to shimmer, add the chicken and cook until golden brown, 2–3 minutes per side. Transfer the chicken to a paper towel-lined plate and season with salt. Serve the chicken schnitzel with lemon wedges and garnish with parsley.
- Hate losing that perfect recipe? Save and organize recipes easily on the Tasty app. Download now.