They may be simple, but chicken cutlets will forever be one of our favorite options for versatile protein. Our recipe combines panko bread crumbs and Parmesan for a final coating that gets perfectly crispy-chewy when pan-fried. Serve the cutlets alongside roasted veggies, sliced atop salads, or between bread for a crispy chicken sandwich–the options are endless!
for 4 servings
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast (425 g)
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt, plus more to taste
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, plus more to taste
- 1 cup all purpose flour (125 g)
- 2 large eggs
- 1 ½ cups panko breadcrumbs (170 g)
- 1 cup finely grated parmesan cheese (125 g)
- ¼ cup vegetable oil (60 mL)
- ¼ cup fresh parsley (10 g), for serving
- lemon wedge, for serving
- Calories 801
- Fat 37g
- Carbs 52g
- Fiber 14g
- Sugar 1g
- Protein 60g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- On a cutting board, slice the chicken breasts in half horizontally, creating 2 cutlets. Place the cutlets, 1 at a time, in a large zip-top bag and use a meat mallet to pound to ¼-inch-thick. Transfer the chicken to a cutting board and pat dry with a paper towel. Season the chicken on both sides with salt and pepper.
- In a shallow bowl, whisk together the flour, 1 teaspoon of salt, and 1 teaspoon of pepper. In another shallow bowl, beat the eggs. Add the panko and Parmesan to a third shallow bowl and whisk to combine.
- Coat the chicken in the flour, shaking off any excess. Then, dip in the eggs, letting any excess drip off. Finally, coat in the panko-Parmesan mixture, making sure all sides are covered. Transfer the chicken to a clean cutting board.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a large pan over medium-high heat until shimmering. Working in batches if needed to avoid overcrowding the pan, add the chicken and cook until golden brown and cooked through, 2–3 minutes per side.
- Transfer the chicken to a paper towel-lined plate and season with salt. Garnish the chicken cutlets with the parsley and serve with lemon wedges for squeezing on top.
- Don't just wing it -- plan it! Use our meal planner tool in the Tasty app. Download here.