Mini Chicken Fajita Roll
This sizzlin' hot chicken fajita roll is a flavor fiesta in your mouth! Tender chicken breast is stuffed with bell peppers and onions and coated in a fajita spice rub. It's a perfect dish for a quick weeknight dinner or a casual get-together with friends.
Under 30 minutes
Under 30 minutes
for 4 servings
- 1 large, boneless, skinless chicken breast
- ½ red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- ½ yellow bell pepper, thinly sliced
- ½ green bell pepper, thinly sliced
- ½ white onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
Fajita Spice Rub
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 ½ teaspoons paprika
- 2 ½ teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 ½ teaspoons black pepper
- Calories 236
- Fat 10g
- Carbs 9g
- Fiber 2g
- Sugar 3g
- Protein 26g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Mix together the ingredients for the Fajita rub.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a large, nonstick skillet over medium heat. Toss in the sliced bell peppers and onion, sprinkle over 2 teaspoons of the fajita spice rub, and sauté until soft, about 8 minutes.
- Using a sharp knife, carefully slice the chicken breast in half. Lay a sheet of plastic wrap over the chicken breast and flatten the meat with a mallet or rolling pin.
- Spread a quarter the sautéed pepper mixture evenly on the chicken breast. Roll the breast and skewer with toothpicks so that the roll holds its shape.
- Slice the roll into ½-inch (1¼ cm) pieces, making sure each piece is held together with a toothpick.
- Season each roll on both sides with the fajita spice rub.
- Heat the remaining 1 tablespoon of oil in the skillet and fry the chicken rolls about 3 minutes on each side until fully cooked.
- Let rest 5 minutes before serving.
- Love this recipe? Download the Tasty app to save it and discover others like it.