93% would make again
Buffalo Chicken Onion Rings
featured in 8 Onion Ring Recipes
for 16 servings
- 8 oz cream cheese (225 g), softened
- ½ cup buffalo sauce (125 g)
- 4 cups chicken (500 g), shredded
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese (200 g)
- 1 oz dry ranch dressing mix (30 g), 1 packet
- 3 large onions
- 3 cups all-purpose flour (375 g)
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 3 cups panko breadcrumbs (150 g)
- oil, for frying
- Calories 401
- Fat 14g
- Carbs 41g
- Fiber 1g
- Sugar 4g
- Protein 24g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- In a bowl, combine the cream cheese, buffalo sauce, chicken, cheddar, and ranch. Mix with a fork until smooth and evenly mixed.
- Cut each end of the onion, peel of the papery onion skin, and cut the onion on its side into large rings.
- Separate the large slices into its separate layers.
- Put the rings on a parchment paper-lined sheet tray. Take the chicken mixture and press a small amount against the inside of the onion creating a ring shape of the mixture with a hole in the middle.
- Freeze until solid. Usually 3-4 hours.
- Heat a pot of oil to 375˚F (190˚C).
- Set up a breading station by placing flour, beaten eggs, and panko bread crumbs into separate bowls.
- Working quickly, bread each frozen ring by coating in flour, then dredge in egg and lastly in bread crumbs. Transfer to a baking dish.
- Carefully lower two coated rings into the oil and fry for about 3 minutes or until golden brown. Continue this until all of the rings are fried.
- Serve warm with blue cheese, ranch, or more buffalo sauce.