Spinach Artichoke Dip Onion Rings
Get ready for a flavor explosion with these crispy and indulgent onion rings that are loaded with a creamy and flavorful spinach and artichoke dip. The perfect combination of crispy breading and savory filling will have you coming back for more.
for 10 rings
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 5 oz fresh spinach (140 g)
- 16 oz cream cheese (455 g)
- 14 oz artichoke heart (400 g)
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese (100 g)
- 1 white onion
- 1 cup flour (125 g)
- 5 eggs, beaten
- 3 cups panko breadcrumbs (150 g)
- oil, for frying
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- Calories 488
- Fat 27g
- Carbs 44g
- Fiber 3g
- Sugar 5g
- Protein 16g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- In a skillet, heat a tablespoon of oil and saute garlic and spinach until spinach is wilted.
- In a bowl, beat the cream cheese until smooth. Add cooked spinach, artichoke hearts, mozzarella, salt, and pepper.
- Peel and slice the onion into ½ inch (1 cm) rings, and detach the rings from each other.
- On a wax paper–lined tray, lay out onion rings and fill each with dip mixture. Place tray in freezer until solid (about one hour).
- Preheat oil in a pot over medium heat to 350˚F (180˚C).
- Place the flour, eggs, and breadcrumbs into three separate bowls.
- Dip a ring into the flour, shaking off excess, then dip it into the egg, the bread crumbs, then back into the eggs, and one last time into the breadcrumbs.
- Repeat with the remaining rings.
- Fry the rings for 5-6 minutes, until deep golden brown.
- Drain on a paper towel.
- Cook smarter, not harder. Use our AI chef Botatouille on the Tasty app. Download now.