81% would make again
Guacamole Onion Rings
featured in 8 Onion Ring Recipes
for 20 rings
- 3 avocados, ripe
- 1 lime
- 1 tomato, diced and drained of excess water
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro (10 g), chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- 2 yellow onions, small-medium
- flour, for breading
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 cups panko breadcrumbs (100 g)
- oil, for frying
- Calories 105
- Fat 5g
- Carbs 12g
- Fiber 2g
- Sugar 2g
- Protein 2g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- In a medium mixing bowl, mash avocados with the juice of one lime. Mix in chopped tomato, cilantro, garlic, salt, and chili powder.
- Cut onion into ½-inch (1 cm) slices. Carefully separate the layers into individual rings. On a wax paper–lined tray, lay out onion rings and fill each with guacamole. Place tray in freezer until solid (about one hour).
- Add flour, beaten eggs, and panko bread crumbs to three separate bowls. Remove frozen guacamole rings from freezer. Roll each first in flour, then egg, then bread crumbs. Coat once more in egg and a final time in bread crumbs.
- In a large saucepan, heat oil to 350˚F (180˚C). Fry guacamole onion rings in batches until nicely browned on all sides.
- Place on paper towel–lined plate to drain off any excess oil. Sprinkle with salt and lime juice. Serve with sour cream.