97% would make again
Stuffed Chicken Parmesan
featured in 6 Easy Weeknight Dinners
for 3 servings
- 3 chicken breasts, boneless and skinless
- salt, to taste
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese (100 g)
- 2 cups flour (250 g)
- 6 eggs, beaten
- 2 cups bread crumbs (230 g)
- 1 cup oil (240 g), for frying
- 3 cups tomato sauce (780 g)
- ½ cup grated parmesan cheese (55 g)
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil
- Season chicken with salt.
- Cut a pocket into each chicken breast.
- Stuff the pockets evenly with the mozzarella cheese.
- Press the edges of the chicken together to seal the pocket.
- Separate the flour, eggs, and bread crumbs into 3 separate bowls.
- Being careful to keep the chicken from opening, dip the stuffed chicken in the flour, shaking off the excess.
- Dip the floured chicken into the egg, then the bread crumbs, coating it evenly.
- Heat the oil in a large pan over medium heat. Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Fry the chicken until golden brown on both sides.
- Place ⅔ of the tomato sauce evenly on the bottom of a baking dish. Place the chicken on top.
- Top with the rest of the tomato sauce, then sprinkle the parmesan and basil on top.
- Bake for 20 minutes.