96% would make again
Cheese Fondue Bread Boat
featured in Bread Bowls 4 Ways
for 6 servings
- 1 loaf sourdough bread
- ⅓ cup butter (80 g), melted
- 3 teaspoons garlic, crushed, divided
- 180 g cream cheese (180 g)
- ½ cup shredded cheddar cheese (50 g)
- ½ cup mozzarella cheese (50 g)
- ½ cup milk (120 mL)
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 2 egg yolks, beaten
- Calories 442
- Fat 28g
- Carbs 30g
- Fiber 1g
- Sugar 4g
- Protein 15g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C).
- Cut off the top of the bread. Use a bread knife to cut around the inside of the bread and scoop the center out.
- Cut the center and top of the bread into bite-sized cubes.
- Mix two teaspoons of crushed garlic into the melted butter. Brush the garlic butter on the bottom and the inside walls of the bread boat.
- Dip all the bread cubes in the remaining garlic butter, set aside.
- Combine the cream cheese, cheddar, mozzarella, milk, remaining teaspoon of crushed garlic, salt, and pepper in a medium bowl.
- Pour the cheese mixture into the bread boat.
- Brush the top of the cheese mixture with egg yolk.
- Place the bread boat and the bread cubes on a baking sheet.
- Bake for 15 minutes, remove the croutons, and continue baking the bread boat for another 15 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and a golden brown crust is formed.