94% would make again
Grilled Cheese And Tomato Soup Bread Bowl
featured in 6 Soups to Warm You Up!
This grilled cheese and tomato soup bread bowl is the ultimate comfort food with its warm and gooey cheesy center that pairs perfectly with the rich and savory tomato soup.
May 15, 2023
for 1 bread bowls
- 1 bread bowl
- cheese, as needed
- tomato soup
- Calories 816
- Fat 7g
- Carbs 156g
- Fiber 6g
- Sugar 13g
- Protein 33g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Remove the top of the roll. Using a small knife cut around the inside of the bread (being careful not to cut through the sides) and scoop out the center of the roll - save this for later.
- Butter the inside of the roll and place 3-4 cheese slices around the inner edge of the bread bowl. Bake in a preheated oven at 375˚F (190˚C) for 10 minutes, or until the cheese has melted.
- Cut the saved center of the roll in half. Butter both sides and create a cheese sandwich.
- Melt butter in a small skillet over medium heat and fry the sandwich until both sides are browned and the inner cheese has melted.
- Remove the bread bowl from the oven. Fill with tomato soup and serve with the grilled cheese.