98% would make again
Spinach Artichoke Pull-apart Bread-bowl
featured in 5 Dips for Your Next Party
This scrumptious Spinach Artichoke Pull-Apart Bread Bowl is perfect for sharing! With its gooey, cheesy center and soft, pull-apart bread exterior, it's a guaranteed crowd-pleaser at any gathering.
May 05, 2023
for 6 servings
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- ¾ cup frozen chopped spinach (30 g), thawed and drained
- 14 oz artichoke heart (395 g), 1 can
- 8 oz cream cheese (225 g), softened
- ¾ cup sour cream (170 g)
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese (100 g), divided
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese (110 g)
- salt, to taste
- black pepper, to taste
- 1 sourdough bread boule
- Calories 491
- Fat 32g
- Carbs 38g
- Fiber 4g
- Sugar 4g
- Protein 15g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- In a saucepan set over medium heat, add 1 tablespoon of olive oil, garlic and red pepper flakes, stirring until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- Stir in the spinach and artichokes.
- Mix in the cream cheese, sour cream, ½ of the mozzarella and Parmesan. Stir until combined and cheese has melted.
- Season with salt and pepper. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Remove the top of the sourdough boule. Cut around the inside of the bread, being careful not to cut through the sides, and scoop out the center of the boule.
- Cut the scooped out bread into cubes, and place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Vertically slice into the edges of the bread bowl, cutting all the way through the bottom, leaving 1 inch (2 cm) of space between each. Place onto a baking sheet next to the cubed bread.
- Spoon the spinach artichoke mixture into the sliced and hollowed bread bowl. Sprinkle the remaining mozzarella along the edges of the top of the filled bread bowl.
- Drizzle the cubed bread pieces with the remaining tablespoon of of olive oil. Place the sliced top back onto the bowl.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes.