97% would make again
Garlic Parmesan-Stuffed Mushrooms
featured in Healthier Holiday Sides
for 15 servings
- 15 mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 tablespoons garlic, chopped
- ½ tablespoon kosher salt
- ½ tablespoon black pepper, freshly ground
- 8 oz cream cheese (225 g), softened
- ¼ cup italian breadcrumbs (30 g)
- ½ cup shredded parmesan cheese (50 g), divided
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground
- fresh parsley, chopped, to garnish
- Calories 91
- Fat 6g
- Carbs 4g
- Fiber 0g
- Sugar 1g
- Protein 3g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Preheat oven to 350° F (180°C).
- Cut the stems off of each of the mushrooms and finely chop them, setting the mushroom caps aside for later.
- Heat the oil in a pan over high heat. Cook the chopped stems with the garlic, salt, and pepper for about six to eight minutes, constantly stirring. Be careful not to burn the garlic. Remove from heat.
- In a medium bowl, combine cooked stems, cream cheese, breadcrumbs, half of the parmesan, parsley, salt, and pepper, mixing until evenly combined. The mixture should be extremely thick.
- Space out the mushroom caps evenly on a baking sheet, upside down. Spoon a generous amount of the cream cheese mixture on top of each mushroom.
- Top each mushroom with a sprinkle of parmesan cheese. Bake for 20 minutes.
- Garnish with a sprinkle of parsley, then serve!