93% would make again
Cheese-Stuffed Mushroom Burger
for 1 serving
- 1 slice american cheese
- 1 slice swiss cheese
- 2 portobello mushrooms, de-stemmed
- ½ cup bread crumbs (60 g)
- 1 egg, beaten
- ½ cup flour (60 g)
- vegetable oil, for deep frying
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
- 1 teaspoon worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- ¼ tablespoon hot chili sauce
- tomato, sliced
- onion, sliced
- pickle, sliced, optional
- burger bun
- Calories 1238
- Fat 63g
- Carbs 131g
- Fiber 8g
- Sugar 11g
- Protein 33g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Line a plate with two paper towels. Place two small portobello mushroom caps on the paper towels, then cover with two more paper towels. Top with another plate.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, mix together mayonnaise, ketchup, worcestershire sauce, garlic salt, and hot chili sauce.
- Place a slice of Swiss cheese down on a counter top, then place a slice of American cheese on top, folding the corners of the American cheese in towards the center. Do the same with Swiss cheese, forming a ball shape.
- Place the cheese ball on one mushroom cap and then sandwich the other on top of it, pressing down to make the mushroom edges touch. Take a piece of clear plastic wrap and wrap it around the mushroom burger, twisting the sides like a piece of candy to release all of the air. Tuck the plastic wrap under the mushroom and refrigerate for 10-15 minutes.
- Put the egg, flour, and bread crumbs into 3 separate bowls.
- Remove plastic and coat mushroom burger in flour, egg, then bread crumbs. Dip in egg wash and bread crumbs one more time.
- Heat vegetable oil in a large pan until it is 375ºF (190ºC) and fry mushroom burger for 1-2 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove burger onto paper towel to drain excess oil and let cool 1-2 minutes.
- Assemble burger, spread special sauce on buns.
- Nutrition Calories: 5830 Fat: 540 grams Carbs: 215 grams Fiber: 15 grams Sugars: 46 grams Protein: 43 grams