87% would make again
Chocolate Chip Banana Monkey Bread
featured in Junk Food Lovers
for 10 servings
- 3 bananas, 1 cut into coins, 2 cut into half-coins
- 1 cup dark chocolate chip (170 g)
- 3 cans biscuit dough
- 1 cup sugar (200 g)
- 3 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 sticks butter
- ½ cup brown sugar (110 g)
- 1 banana, cut into coins
- dark chocolate chip
- Calories 659
- Fat 25g
- Carbs 104g
- Fiber 5g
- Sugar 46g
- Protein 10g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Cut two bananas into half coins.
- Cut one banana into coins and line the bottom of a greased bundt pan.
- In a bowl mix sugar and cinnamon, set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350˚F (180˚C).
- Cut each biscuit round in half and flatten into rounds.
- Stuff each round with one piece of the halved banana coins and chocolate chips. Close the round together by pinching at the seam and roll into a ball in your hands.
- Place the balls in the cinnamon sugar mix and gently toss to coat. Place half the balls in the pan.
- In a saucepan over medium heat melt the butter and brown sugar until one, stirring occasionally. Set aside to cool.
- Pour half of the glaze on top.
- Sprinkle a handful of chocolate chips over top. Then place rest of the balls on top followed by the rest of the glaze.
- Bake for 40-50 minutes until the crust is a deep dark brown on top. (If the top is browning too much you can cover it with aluminum foil.)
- Remove from oven and allow it to cool or about 15-30 minutes before turning it over onto a plate.