95% would make again
Chocolate Peppermint Silk Pie
featured in 5 Pies For Your Holiday Season
Satisfy your sweet tooth with this chocolate peppermint silk pie. A decadent chocolate filling is lightened up with a fluffy whipped cream topping and a refreshing hint of peppermint.
May 05, 2023
for 8 servings
- 3 eggs
- ½ cup sugar (100 g)
- 1 ½ cups water (360 mL)
- 1 pie crust, prepared
- 1 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 8 oz chocolate (225 g), melted
- ½ cup butter (115 g), cubed
- ½ cup whipped cream (120 mL), plus more for garnish
- shaved chocolate, to serve
- ⅔ cup crushed peppermint candies (85 g), for garnish
- Calories 515
- Fat 28g
- Carbs 58g
- Fiber 1g
- Sugar 37g
- Protein 6g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Preheat the oven to 425˚F (220˚C).
- In a medium heat-proof bowl, beat the eggs and sugar with an electric hand mixer until combined.
- Add the water to a small pot over low heat and rest the bowl on top. Constantly beat the egg mixture on low speed until it reaches 160˚F (71˚C). Remove the bowl from the heat and stir as it cools.
- Lay a prepared pie crust in a 9-inch (23 cm) pie dish. Lay a sheet of parchment paper over crust and place 4 spoons or dried beans in the center, weighing down the crust.
- Bake for 15 minutes, until golden brown. Let cool.
- Add the peppermint extract and melted chocolate to the egg mixture. Stir until combined.
- Gradually beat in the butter until well combined.
- Gradually fold in the whipped cream until just incorporated.
- Carefully spoon the filling into the prepared pie crust and chill for at least 2 hours.
- Garnish with whipped cream, shaved chocolate, and crushed peppermint candies.