97% would make again
Kentucky Derby Pecan Pie Cheesecake
featured in Summer Potluck Desserts
Inspired by lilluna.com
for 12 servings
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs (170 g)
- ⅓ cup butter (75 g), melted
- 16 oz cream cheese (450 g), at room temperature
- ¾ cup sugar (150 g)
- ¼ cup milk (60 mL)
- ½ cup sour cream (115 g)
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 3 teaspoons bourbon whiskey, divided
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup dark brown sugar (220 g)
- ¼ cup cornstarch (30 g)
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 4 egg yolks
- ⅔ cup maple syrup (220 g), or dark corn syrup
- ½ cup cream (120 mL), warm to the touch
- 4 tablespoons butter, cold
- 2 cups roasted pecan (250 g), chopped
- whole roasted pecan, to serve
- Calories 540
- Fat 32g
- Carbs 55g
- Fiber 3g
- Sugar 40g
- Protein 8g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Preheat oven to 325°F (170°C).
- In a bowl, combine the graham cracker crumbs and melted butter. Stir to combine.
- Pour the mixture into a 9-inch (23 cm) springform pan and press it evenly into the bottom and halfway up the sides. Transfer to the refrigerator to chill.
- In a large bowl add the cream cheese, sugar, and milk. With a hand mixer, beat until fluffy and fully incorporated.
- Add in the sour cream, flour, 2 teaspoons of the bourbon, and the two eggs and gently continue to mix until the cream cheese filling is smooth.
- Pour the mixture into the springform pan with the graham cracker crust and bake for 1 hour, or until the cheesecake no longer jiggles.
- While the cheesecake is cooking, prepare the stove-top pecan pie filling.
- In a bowl combine the brown sugar, cornstarch, and salt, stir together and pour into a medium saucepan on low heat.
- Pour in the egg yolks, maple syrup, and warm cream and whisk until smooth.
- Cook on low heat until the mixture thickens like a pudding, 5-10 minutes. Remove from the heat.
- Stir in the cold butter and the final teaspoon of bourbon and whisk until fully emulsified. The pudding-like mixture should be around room temperature.
- Fold in the roasted, chopped pecans and then pour the mixture over the cooked cheesecake and spread it out as an even layer.
- If you like, sprinkle with extra chopped pecans or garnish with whole pecans.
- Let the cheesecake chill in the refrigerator until completely set.
- Slice and serve cold or at room temperature.