87% would make again
featured in Chorizo Recipes
These chorizo sliders are like a fiesta in your mouth! Spicy chorizo, flavorful veggies, and melty cheese come together on a soft slider bun for a flavor explosion. Serve them up at your next party and watch as your guests go back for seconds (and thirds)!
May 05, 2023
for 12 servings
- ½ cup panko breadcrumbs (25 g)
- 1 lb chorizo (455 g)
- ½ cup beef stock (120 mL), or veal stock, divided
- ¼ cup poblano pepper (25 g), roasted, diced
- ½ cup carrot (60 g), minced
- ½ cup white onion (75 g), or yellow onion, chopped, divided
- 6 tablespoons cotija cheese, grated
- 1 large egg
- 1 large egg yolk
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro (10 g), chopped
- ¼ cup fresh parsley leaf (10 g), chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 cloves garlic, chopped
- 28 oz crushed tomato (400 g), 1 can
- 3 chipotles in adobo
- 12 slider buns, split horizontally
- cotija cheese, to garnish
- 1 cup mayonnaise (230 g)
- 6 tablespoons green jalapeño sauce, or more to taste
- 10 leaves mint
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- Calories 524
- Fat 36g
- Carbs 31g
- Fiber 2g
- Sugar 7g
- Protein 16g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C).
- In a pan over medium heat, lightly brown the chorizo for about 5-7 minutes to cook out excess fat (it does not have to be cooked through).
- Remove the chorizo from heat and drain any excess oil.
- In a medium bowl, mix the chorizo, breadcrumbs, half of stock, poblano peppers, carrots, half of onions, Cotija cheese, egg, egg yolk, cilantro, parsley, salt and pepper.
- Use your hands to roll the mixture into approximately 12-16 golf ball-sized meatballs.
- Transfer the meatballs to a baking sheet and bake for about 20 minutes.
- In a dutch oven or heavy-bottomed pan over medium heat, add oil and sauté remaining onions and garlic until fragrant and translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Add the can of tomatoes and remaining stock. Tip: Adding the stock into the empty can will ensure you don’t waste any tomatoes that may be left behind.
- Add the chipotles in adobo and simmer about 5 minutes.
- Add the meatballs, cover with lid slightly ajar, and simmer for about 30 minutes until the meatballs are cooked through.
- While simmering, combine mayonnaise, jalapeño sauce, mint, salt, and pepper in a blender or food processor. Pulse until combined.
- Cut the slider buns in half. Spread the Jalapeño Aioli on the top half.
- Remove meatballs from skillet and place one on the bottom halves of each roll, then drizzle with some of the tomato sauce and sprinkle cheese on top.
- Sandwich the tops onto the meatballs and serve immediately.