Classic Falafel And Tahini Sauce
Experience the perfect crunch with these Classic Falafel and Tahini Sauce bites! This Middle Eastern delight is packed with flavor and pairs perfectly with a creamy, tangy tahini sauce for dipping.
Under 30 minutes
Under 30 minutes
for 16 falafels
- 2 ½ cups dried chickpea (500 g)
- 8 cups water (2 L)
- ½ bunch fresh parsley
- ¼ bunch fresh cilantro
- ¼ bunch fresh mint
- 7 cloves garlic, halved, divided
- 1 onion, roughly chopped
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 2 ¼ teaspoons cumin, divided
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon sesame seed, toasted
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- oil, to fry
- 5 tablespoons sesame seed
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 ½ tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- Calories 156
- Fat 6g
- Carbs 19g
- Fiber 4g
- Sugar 3g
- Protein 6g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Soak the chickpeas in the water for at least one night, ensuring that the chickpeas are fully submerged.
- Drain the chickpeas in a colander. Line a baking sheet with paper towels and add the chickpeas. Cover with more paper towels and let dry for at least 2 hours.
- Add the dried chickpeas, parsley, cilantro, coriander, mint, 5 cloves of garlic, onion, paprika, 2 teaspoons of cumin, ground coriander, baking soda, toasted sesame seeds, salt, and pepper, in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Use your hands to form falafel the size of a ping pong ball.
- Heat oil to 320°F (160°C) in a large pot.
- Add the falafel in batches, and fry until golden brown, about 2 minutes.
- To make tahini sauce, heat the sesame seeds in a frying pan over medium heat until the seeds brown slightly.
- Let cool for about 5 minutes and pour into a small blender or coffee grinder.
- Add the sesame oil and half of the olive oil and blend. Add the rest of the olive oil and blend again until you get a smooth mixture.
- Add ¼ teaspoon of cumin, 2 garlic cloves and lemon juice and blend.
- Serve the tahini sauce with falafel.
- Busy? Plan your meals for the week using our exclusive meal planner tool in the Tasty app. Download now and get organized.