83% would make again
Cotton Candy Ice Cream Sandwich
featured in How To Make The Best Cotton Candy Desserts
This Cotton Candy Ice Cream Sandwich will bring you back to the summer county fairs. Switch up the ice cream flavors and sprinkles for your personal touch!
July 19, 2022
for 1 serving
- 2 pink hard candies, or ½ cup (50 G ) prepared pink cotton candy
- 2 blue hard candies, ½ cup (50 G) prepared blue cotton candy
- 1 pt unicorn ice cream (475 g)
- ⅓ cup unicorn sprinkles
- wooden skewer, cotton candy cones
- Make the cotton candy: Let the machine heat for 10 minutes before using, then turn off.
- Add the pink hard candies to the machine, then turn back on. When you see the cotton candy web begin, hold a cone in the center at a 45° angle. Move the cone around the bowl and spin while the candy collects on the end, then move the cone into a horizontal position and continue rotating to collect the rest of the candy, moving from side to side.
- Carefully remove the cotton candy from the cone and press into a 3-inch (7.5 cm) round mold to compact.
- Let the machine heat up again before using, about 5 minutes, then repeat with the blue hard candies.
- To assemble, use a serrated knife to cut a 1-inch (2.54 cm) disc crosswise from the pint of ice cream. Peel off the carton.
- Sandwich the ice cream round between the blue and pink cotton candy. Add the sprinkles to a shallow dish, then roll the edges of the ice cream sandwich in the sprinkles.
- Freeze for 30 minutes more before serving.