88% would make again
Cream Cheese-Stuffed Bagel Bites
featured in Mouth-Watering Bagel Recipes
for 10 bites
- 1 cup water (240 mL), warm, plus 2 tbsp
- 1 teaspoon instant dry yeast
- 1 tablespoon malt syrup
- 3 ½ cups bread flour (420 g)
- 2 teaspoons salt
Poaching Liquid Ingredients
- 2 qt water (2 L)
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 tablespoon baking soda
- 2 tablespoons malt syrup
- egg wash, as needed
Bagel topping and filling
- onion, to taste
- poppy seed, to taste
- sesame seed, to taste
- garlic, to taste
- cream cheese, frozen in 1 tbsp. balls to taste
- Calories 168
- Fat 0g
- Carbs 34g
- Fiber 1g
- Sugar 3g
- Protein 5g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Start by activating the yeast. Add yeast and malt syrup to warm water, stir until dissolved. Once the yeast mix starts bubbling, you'll know the yeast is active.
- Combine the dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl. Add the activated yeast mix and form a loose dough in the bowl.
- Turn dough out onto your surface and knead until everything comes together nicely. (If it’s too dry, add more water a little bit at a time.) Transfer dough to an oiled bowl, cover and let the dough rest for 45 minutes.
- While the dough is resting, prep your cream cheese. Freeze cream cheese into 1 tbsp. balls.
- Punch down dough after 45 minutes, knead the dough a few times. Pull a handful of dough, form into a ball then flatten and wrap around a frozen cream cheese ball. Repeat with the rest of the dough. Place bagel balls on a parchment paper, cover and let it rest for 20 minutes.
- While the bagel balls are resting, bring your poaching liquid ingredients to a boil over medium heat.
- Take the rested bagel balls and boil in the poaching liquid for 15-20 seconds. Remove and place on parchment paper.
- Brush with egg wash and sprinkle desired bagel toppings.
- Bake in 325°F (160°C) preheated oven for 20 - 30 minutes until top is golden brown.