71% would make again
Eggnog Cookie Dippers
featured in Homemade Eggnog and Eggnog Cookie Dippers
Inspired by kingarthurflour.com
for 24 cookies
- nonstick cooking spray, for greasing
- 3 large eggs, using only egg whites (Reserved from eggnog recipe)
- 1 pinch kosher salt
- ⅓ cup sugar (65 g), 2 tablespoons, divided
- ¼ cup eggnog (60 mL)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ⅔ cup all-purpose flour (85 g)
- powdered sugar, for garnish
- nutmeg, freshly grated, for garnish
- Calories 42
- Fat 0g
- Carbs 6g
- Fiber 0g
- Sugar 2g
- Protein 1g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Preheat the oven to 325°F (170˚C). Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper and grease with nonstick spray.
- In a medium bowl, beat the egg whites and salt with an electric hand mixer until soft peaks form. Gradually add 2 tablespoons of granulated sugar and beat until stiff peaks form. You should be able to turn the bowl upside down without anything falling out. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix together the eggnog, vanilla, and remaining ⅓ cup (65 G) sugar until incorporated. Sift in the flour and and fold with a rubber spatula to combine. Fold in ⅓ of the egg whites until incorporated, then add the rest and fold until just combined.
- Transfer the dough to a piping bag or zip-top bag fitted with a medium round tip.
- Working quickly, pipe 12 4-inch (10 cm) long and 1-inch (2 cm) wide cookies onto each baking sheet. Bake for 15-17 minutes, until lightly golden around the edges. Do not allow to get too dark.
- Transfer the cookies to a wire rack and let cool completely. Use a sieve to sprinkle powdered sugar over the tops. Finish with a pinch of freshly grated nutmeg.