82% would make again
featured in 6 Hangover Snack Recipes
for 4 pancakes
- 4 cups flour (500 g), sifted
- 4 tablespoons baking powder
- 4 cups milk (960 mL), warm to the touch
- ¾ cup butter (170 g), melted
- 3 egg yolks
- 4 egg whites
- maple syrup, to serve
Nutrition InfoPowered by
- Calories 1102
- Fat 50g
- Carbs 123g
- Fiber 3g
- Sugar 12g
- Protein 36g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Whisk together the flour and baking powder in a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl, add the butter, milk, and egg yolks, stirring to combine.
- In a third bowl, use a hand mixer to beat the egg whites until soft peaks form.
- Pour the milk mixture into the flour mixture and stir with rubber spatula until just combined. Add the beaten egg whites and gently fold to combine.
- Heat an 8-inch (20cm) nonstick skillet over low heat. Pour 1 ½ cups of pancake batter into the skillet, smooth out the top, then cover with a lid. Cook until golden brown on the bottom and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, about 20 minutes. Transfer the pancake to a plate and repeat, making 3 more pancakes with the remaining batter.
- Serve with maple syrup.