90% would make again
Kimchi, Spam, And Egg Scramble
This was a breakfast staple in my house growing up. My dad fries up Spam until crispy, adds some kimchi for flavor, and scrambles in a few eggs. We serve it over rice with seaweed seasoning, but salt and pepper work great too.
for 2 servings
- ½ cup Spam®, diced
- 3 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ¼ cup kimchi (15 g), diced
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 2 cups white rice (400 g), steamed
- kosher salt, to taste
- furikake, for garnish - optional
- Calories 531
- Fat 22g
- Carbs 61g
- Fiber 1g
- Sugar 0g
- Protein 18g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Dice the Spam into small cubes.
- Crack the eggs into a small bowl and beat to combine.
- Heat the olive oil in a medium nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add the Spam and cook until golden brown and crispy, stirring often, 3–4 minutes.
- Reduce the heat to medium-low, add the kimchi, and cook until fragrant, 2–3 minutes. Push mixture to one side of the pan and melt the butter in the empty side. Reduce the heat to low, add the eggs, and cook, stirring frequently, until scrambled to your desired doneness. Stir in the kimchi and spam until well combined.
- Add the rice to 2 serving bowls and divide the scrambled egg mixture between the bowls. Top with furikake, if desired.
- Recipe By: Madeline Park