94% would make again
Loaded Hasselback Potato
featured in Surf & Turf Dinner For Two
for 2 servings
- 2 chopsticks
- 2 medium potatoes
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- 6 cheddar cheeses, slices, cut into 1-inch squares
- ¼ cup sour cream (60 g)
- 2 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 2 tablespoons green onion, sliced
- Calories 974
- Fat 69g
- Carbs 42g
- Fiber 3g
- Sugar 12g
- Protein 46g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Preheat oven to 425°F (220°C).
- Lay 2 chopsticks about 2-3 inches apart on a cutting board.
- Place a potato lengthwise between the chopsticks, making sure the potato touches the cutting board.
- Make ¼-inch slices across the potato, making sure you do not cut through the bottom of the potato. The chopsticks will help serve as a bumper of sorts to prevent this from happening. Repeat with the second potato.
- Transfer the potatoes to a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, then brush the butter evenly on both of the potatoes.
- Sprinkle a bit of salt and pepper on top of the potatoes, then bake for about 30 minutes until the slices of each potato have started to separate and crisp up. To have a better separation between the slices, pull the slices apart before they are baked.
- Remove the potatoes and lower the oven heat to 350°F (180°C).
- Place a square of cheddar cheese in between the slits in the potatoes, then return to the oven and bake for about 10 minutes, until the cheese is melted and starting to bubble.
- Garnish each potato with a dollop of sour cream, bacon, and green onions.
- Serve and enjoy!