Breakfast Potato Volcanoes
These breakfast potato volcanoes are an fun and delicious way to start your day. They're wrapped in crispy bacon, and stuffed with gooey cheese and a perfectly cooked egg, making them the ultimate breakfast indulgence.
for 6 servings
- 3 russet potatoes
- 6 strips bacon
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese (100 g)
- 6 eggs
- 2 tablespoons fresh chives, chopped
- Calories 475
- Fat 26g
- Carbs 28g
- Fiber 2g
- Sugar 1g
- Protein 28g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Preheat oven to 400˚F (200˚C).
- On a cutting board, peel potatoes then cut each in half widthwise.
- Using a melon ball scooper or a metal teaspoon hollow out the potato starting from the cut side, once you have most of the potato hollowed out from that side create a smaller hole on the rounded side and continue hollowing until you can see through the potato.
- Place potatoes in water to avoid discoloration while you finish hollowing out the rest.
- Place potatoes with the smaller hole facing up on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet.
- Wrap one piece of bacon and each potato, tucking in the end of the bacon so it stays in place. You might need to use a toothpick to hold the bacon in place.
- Bake for 45 minutes, or until bacon reaches desired crispiness.
- Allow potatoes to cool slightly then press cheddar cheese into the bottom of the potato.
- Crack an egg over the top hole of the potato being careful not to let too much of the egg white pour over the side.
- Sprinkle chives over the egg.
- Bake for 6 to 12 minutes depending on how well done you would like your eggs.
- Let cool before serving.
- Meal planning made easy with the Tasty app. Download now to see exclusive curated meal plans.