Fajita Chicken Puff Pastry Twists
Elevate your chicken game with these delicious twists! Made with juicy fajita-style chicken, bell peppers, and crispy puff pastry, these twists are perfect for a fun and flavorful meal.
May 04, 2023
100% would make again
for 2 servings
- 18 oz puff pastry block (500 g)
- 1 sprinkle flour
- ⅓ cup red bell pepper (42 g)
- ⅓ cup green bell pepper (42 g)
- ⅓ cup yellow bell pepper (42 g)
- ½ cup onion (75 g), about 1/2 an onion, diced
- 5.3 oz cooked chicken (150 g), shredded
- 1 tablespoon fajita spice mix
- 1 ½ cups cheddar cheese (150 g), grated
- 1 egg, beaten
- Dust a clean work surface with a sprinkling of flour, and roll half of the puff pastry into a large circle.
- Place the largest plate you have (a pizza tray also works) on top of the pastry and tear around the edges to create a clean circle. Repeat with the other half of the pastry.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C (400°F) (Gas Mark 6).
- Fry the onions and mixed peppers until the onions are translucent.
- Add the pre-cooked shredded chicken (to make shredded chicken, simply season and bake some chicken breasts, put it into a bowl and tear it up with 2 forks). Stir in the fajita spice mix and allow to cool while you do the next step.
- Transfer one of the sheets to a baking tray, and spread the chicken fajita mix in an even layer, leaving about 1 cm (½ inch) free from the edge. Sprinkle a layer of cheese.
- Cover with the second layer of puff pastry. Place an egg cup (or a shot glass) in the center of the pastry and make 8-10 even cuts all the way around the pastry.
- Brush the beaten egg over the puff pastry.
- Twist each segment twice to make it resemble a sun-like shape.
- Bake for 18-22 minutes in the center of the oven, until deep golden brown and no grey patches remain on the pastry.
- Hate losing that perfect recipe? Save and organize recipes easily on the Tasty app. Download now.