Waffle Breakfast Sandwich
featured in Portable Breakfasts
This waffle breakfast sandwich will brighten your morning. It comes together in no time with the help of the microwave and toaster.
May 04, 2023
94% would make again
Under 30 minutes
Under 30 minutes
for 1 serving
- 1 sausage patty
- 1 egg
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- 1 teaspoon milk
- 2 slices cheddar cheese
- 2 frozen waffles
- Calories 457
- Fat 28g
- Carbs 28g
- Fiber 0g
- Sugar 2g
- Protein 23g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Place a sausage patty and a mug or ramekin on a large microwaveable-friendly plate.
- Crack the egg into the mug. Season with salt and pepper. Add a splash of milk, if desired. Whisk until well-mixed.
- Microwave the entire plate for 1½-2 minutes, or until the egg is cooked through.
- Invert the mug with the egg. You may have to run a knife around the mug first to ensure that the egg comes loose in one solid piece.
- Toast two frozen waffles.
- After the waffles are toasted, layer 1 waffle, cheese, the cooked sausage patty, eggs, and the remaining waffle.
- Fold the edges of a sheet of aluminum foil down by half an inch (1 cm). Place the sandwich in the middle.
- Bring the top and bottom of the edges of the paper together over the center of the sandwich. Repeat folding in half-inch (1 cm) turns, creasing each time, until the fold is level with the top of the sandwich.
- Starting on the left side, use your fingers to press the edges into the center to form a pleated triangle. Press down and crease the triangle's edges, including at the base of the sandwich, before carefully folding it underneath. Repeat this process on the other side of the sandwich.
- Love this recipe? Download the Tasty app to save it and discover others like it.