Mango Panna Cotta
featured in 5 Desserts For Mango Lovers
This creamy, smooth dessert is made with fresh mango purée. It's a perfect refreshing treat for a warm summer night.
May 04, 2023
93% would make again
for 4 servings
- 1 tablespoon gelatin
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1 ⅓ cups milk (320 mL)
- ¼ cup sugar (50 g)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¾ cup heavy cream (180 mL)
- 1 mango, diced
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- ¼ cup orange juice (60 mL)
- mango, diced, to serve
- raspberry, to serve
- Calories 262
- Fat 17g
- Carbs 28g
- Fiber 1g
- Sugar 27g
- Protein 4g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- In a bowl, combine the water and gelatin. When gelatin thickens, microwave for 10 seconds.
- Combine sugar, milk, and vanilla extract in a small pan over low heat and stir. Once it begins to simmer, add the gelatin and whisk to combine.
- Place a bowl into a bowl filled with ice. Strain the milk mixture through a sieve into the empty bowl.
- Add the heavy cream and whisk until the mixture begins to thicken.
- Transfer the mixture to four cups, cover with plastic wrap, and chill in the refrigerator for 2 hours.
- Combine diced mango, sugar, lemon juice, and orange juice in a pan and stir over medium heat until boiling. Using an immersion blender, blend until smooth.
- Turn down the heat to low, and bring to a simmer. Chill for one hour.
- Pour the mango purée over the panna cotta. Top with diced mango and raspberries.
- Busy? Plan your meals for the week using our exclusive meal planner tool in the Tasty app. Download now and get organized.