93% would make again
Peach Cobbler Stuffed ‘Beignets’
featured in Homemade Food Truck Favorites
Inspired by thesitsgirls.com
for 20 servings
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 lb jar peaches (455 g), chopped
- ⅓ cup brown sugar (75 g)
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour, plus additional for dusting
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 lb pizza dough (905 g)
- oil, for frying
- ½ cup powdered sugar (60 g)
- Calories 168
- Fat 4g
- Carbs 28g
- Fiber 1g
- Sugar 8g
- Protein 3g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Add the butter and peaches to a pan over medium-low heat and cook until the butter has melted and peaches are glossy.
- In a small bowl mix together the brown sugar, cinnamon, 1 tablespoon flour, and nutmeg. Sprinkle the sugar mixture over the peaches. Mix to combine and stir for 5-10 minutes until the mixture starts to thicken. Remove from heat and set aside to cool.
- On a floured surface, roll out the pizza dough to ¼-inch (6-mm) thick. Cut the dough into 20 rectangles.
- Spoon 1 tablespoon of the peach filling onto a cut piece of dough. Fold the dough over lengthwise and crimp the edges so the filling is well sealed. Repeat with remaining dough and filling.
- Heat oil in a large pot to 350°F (180°C).
- Working in batches, fry beignets for 3-4 minutes each, flipping halfway, until puffy and golden brown.
- Transfer beignets to a paper towel-lined plate or wired rack to drain.
- Dust with powdered sugar.