91% would make again
featured in 6 Heavenly Fruit-Filled Pastries
June 10, 2019
for 8 servings
- 3 cups all-purpose flour (375 g)
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ tablespoon sugar
- ⅔ cup coconut oil (160 g)
- ¾ cup cold water (180 mL)
- 1 ½ tablespoons peach preserve
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 peaches, diced
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 egg
- 1 cup powdered sugar (200 g)
- 2 tablespoons milk
- Calories 554
- Fat 29g
- Carbs 65g
- Fiber 2g
- Sugar 23g
- Protein 6g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, salt, and sugar.
- Add the coconut oil to the dry ingredients and mix together using a fork or your fingers.
- Add the cold water to the dough, a little at a time, and continue to mix until dough forms a ball.
- Cut dough into two equal parts and flatten them into 1-inch (2 ½ cm) thick disks. Wrap the disks in plastic wrap and chill for one hour.
- Add the peach preserves and butter to a small microwave-safe bowl and heat in the microwave for about 20 seconds or until butter has melted. Stir to combine.
- Dice the peaches and put them in a medium bowl.
- Add the preserve mixture, lemon juice, and cinnamon to the peaches and mix until peaches are well-coated.
- Remove one of the dough disks from the refrigerator.
- Lightly flour your work surface, dough, and rolling pin.
- Roll out the dough to form a large rectangle about ⅛-inch (3 mm) thick.
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Cut the dough into an even number of small rectangles.
- Beat the egg in a small bowl. Brush the edges of half of the rectangles with the egg wash.
- Spoon one tablespoon of the peach mixture into the center of each brushed rectangle.
- Place another rectangle of the same size over the one with the filling. Lightly press down.
- Use a fork to seal the edges around each rectangle, then lightly poke the tops of each rectangle a few times. Brush the edges and tops of the dough with the egg wash.
- Place the pockets on parchment-lined baking sheets and place in the freezer as you repeat the same process with the other dough disk.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until dough is golden brown.
- For the glaze, mix together powdered sugar and milk until smooth.
- Drizzle peach pockets with glaze and serve.