93% would make again
Pretzel Bites With Mustard Cheese Sauce
for 8 servings
- 1 ½ lb pizza dough (680 g)
- ¼ cup baking soda (45 g)
- 1 egg, whisked
- coarse salt
- ¼ cup butter (55 g)
- ¼ cup flour (30 g)
- 2 cups milk (480 mL)
- 1 ½ tablespoons French’s Honey Mustard
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese (200 g)
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 ½ teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- Calories 375
- Fat 20g
- Carbs 33g
- Fiber 1g
- Sugar 5g
- Protein 13g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Preheat oven to 425ºF (218 C)
- Roll pizza dough into balls slightly smaller than the size of a golf ball.
- Bring a pot of water to a simmer, then stir in the baking soda. Add dough balls and cook for 30 seconds. Remove from the water and place them on a parchment-lined sheet tray.
- Brush each dough ball with egg wash and sprinkle with a bit of coarse salt. Place tray in oven and bake for 10–12 minutes, until pretzels turn a deep brown color.
- Melt the butter in a saucepan over low heat. Whisk in the flour and cook for 1 minute. Pour in the milk while whisking. Cook for 2–3 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the milk begins to thicken slightly. Add in the French’s Honey Mustard, cheese, apple cider vinegar, salt, and pepper. Whisk until cheese melts and the sauce is smooth. Let the cheese sauce bubble for a few more minutes to thicken up slightly. Serve immediately with the pretzel bites!