Wow your guest at your next fall dinner party with these stunning pumpkin-shaped gnocchi!
for 6 Servings
Sweet Potato Gnocchi Dough
- 2 large sweet potatoes, peeled and boiled until tender, then drained
- 1 large egg
- ⅓ cup shredded parmesan cheese (40 g)
- ½ cup ricotta cheese (125 g)
- 2 cups all-purpose flour (250 g)
- kosher salt, to taste
- ½ cup unsalted butter (115 g)
- 8 leaves fresh sage
- fresh rosemary leaf
- grated parmesan cheese, for garnish
- Calories 463
- Fat 22g
- Carbs 51g
- Fiber 2g
- Sugar 5g
- Protein 12g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- In a large bowl, use a whisk or potato masher to mash the sweet potatoes until completely smooth. Add the egg and mix to incorporate, then mix in the shredded Parmesan and ricotta until combined. Add the flour and salt and pepper to taste. Mix with a rubber spatula until the flour is mostly incorporated, then continue mixing with your hands until fully combined. Let the dough rest for 15 minutes.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil over medium-high heat.
- On a generously floured surface, divide the dough into 24–28 portions, then roll into 2-inch balls. Press a toothpick across the top of each gnocchi ball 3 times, rotating 60° each time, to create a pumpkin shape.
- Add the gnocchi to the boiling water and cook for 2–3 minutes, or until they begin to float to the surface. Remove from the pot with a slotted spoon and transfer to a plate.
- Meanwhile, melt the butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Continue cooking until the butter browns and smells nutty, about 4 minutes.
- Add the cooked pumpkin gnocchi and sage leaves to the browned butter and cook for 45 seconds, until the gnocchi is well-coated and the sage is crispy. Remove the pan from the heat.
- Divide the pumpkin gnocchi between serving plates and insert a rosemary leaf into the top of each to resemble a pumpkin stem. Pour the browned butter over the gnocchi and garnish with the fried sage leaves and grated Parmesan cheese. Serve immediately.
- Your favorite recipes are just a click away. Download the Tasty app to save and organize your favorites.