90% would make again
Roasted Cauliflower And Curry Soup
featured in 5 Ways to Upgrade Cauliflower Meals
Roasting the cauliflower brings out its natural sweetness, while the fragrant curry spices add a delightful twist. With each spoonful, you'll savor the comforting warmth and complex flavors of this sensational soup.
May 05, 2023
for 4 serving
- 14 oz chickpeas (395 g), rinsed and drained
- 4 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
Curried Cauliflower Soup
- 1 medium head cauliflower, cut into florets
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil, melted, plus 2 tablespoons, divided
- kosher salt, to taste
- freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 small yellow onion, diced
- 1 jalapeño, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons red curry paste
- 14 oz coconut milk (415 mL)
- 4 cups vegetable broth (960 mL)
- sliced scallion, for serving
- chopped fresh cilantro, for serving
- Lime wedge, for serving
- Calories 1272
- Fat 88g
- Carbs 98g
- Fiber 14g
- Sugar 25g
- Protein 15g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Make the crispy chickpeas: Preheat the oven to 400˚F (200˚C).
- In a medium bowl, toss the chickpeas with the curry powder, garlic powder, onion powder, coriander, turmeric, and salt until well-coated. Transfer the chickpeas to a small baking sheet and spread in an even layer.
- Roast for 30 minutes, or until the chickpeas are crispy. Remove from the oven and let cool.
- Make the soup: Increase the oven temperature to 450˚F (220˚C).
- Add the cauliflower florets to a medium bowl with the tablespoon of melted coconut oil, salt, and pepper. Toss to coat, then transfer the cauliflower to a baking sheet.
- Roast for 25 minutes, until browned and tender.
- Melt the remaining 2 tablespoons of coconut oil in a large pot over medium-high heat. Add the onion and jalapeño and cook until the onion begins to soften, about 2 minutes. Add the garlic and continue to cook for 2 minutes more, until toasted and fragrant.
- Add the curry paste and cook for 1 minute, stirring to dissolve. Add the coconut milk and vegetable broth and season with salt and pepper. Remove the pot from the heat.
- Add the roasted cauliflower to a blender, pour in the broth, and carefully purée until smooth.
- Ladle the soup into bowls. Top with the crispy chickpeas, scallions, and cilantro and serve with lime wedges.