94% would make again
Silkiest Chocolate Tart
featured in 5 Tart Recipes To Satisfy Your Sweet Tooth
Inspired by amazon.com
for 8 servings
- ½ cup unsalted butter (115 g), 1 stick, softened
- ½ cup powdered sugar (80 g)
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour (185 g)
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅓ cup water (80 g)
- ½ cup butter (115 g), 1 stick
- 1 teaspoon instant coffee
- 1 cup dark chocolate (170 g), chopped
- ⅓ cup sugar (65 g)
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1 pinch salt
- 3 large eggs
- 1 pt fresh raspberry (250 g), for serving
- powdered sugar, for serving
- Calories 500
- Fat 34g
- Carbs 43g
- Fiber 4g
- Sugar 24g
- Protein 8g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Make the tart dough: add the butter to a medium bowl and sift in the powdered sugar through a fine-mesh sieve. Using an electric hand mixer, beat until smooth.
- Beat the egg and add half at a time to the butter mixture, beating well to incorporate between additions.
- Sift in the flour and cocoa powder, and add the salt. Using a rubber spatula, mix the dough until the cocoa powder is evenly distributed. Wrap the dough in plastic wrap.
- Chill in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes, or overnight (if you chill the dough overnight, let it sit at room temperature for 15-30 minutes before rolling out).
- Preheat the oven to 375˚F (190˚C).
- Grease a 9-inch (23-cm) tart pan and roll out the chilled dough to an 11-inch (28-cm) circle. Roll the dough around the rolling pin, then unroll the dough over the pan.
- Press the dough against the bottom and sides of the pan, then use the rolling pin to roll over the top of the pan, cutting off any excess dough (re-roll any excess dough and bake into cookies, if desired). Press the dough gently against the pan once more. Using a folk, prick some holes in the bottom of the crust so it doesn’t puff up.
- Bake for 15 minutes, then remove the tart shell from the oven and reduce the temperature to 300˚F (150˚C)
- Make the filling: in a medium saucepan, heat the pan over high heat. Combine the water and butter, and bring to a boil. Add the instant coffee and stir until dissolved.
- Add the chocolate, sugar, and vanilla to a medium bowl and pour the hot butter mixture over. Whisk until the chocolate is melted and the mixture is glossy.
- Add the eggs and whisk well to combine. Pour the filling into the par-baked shell. Bake for 12-15 minutes, or until chocolate is mostly set but the center jiggles slightly.
- Cool the tart for at least 30 minutes, or until cool to touch. Garnish with raspberries and sift powdered sugar over the top. Slice and serve.