Slow Cooker Beef Stew
Get ready to savor the rich, comforting flavors of this beef stew that'll warm your soul! Let your slow cooker do all the work while you sit back and enjoy the mouthwatering aroma wafting through your kitchen.
for 8 servings
- ⅓ cup all-purpose flour (40 g)
- 1 ½ tablespoons kosher salt, divided
- ½ tablespoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3 lb chuck roast (1.5 kg)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup diced red onion (150 g)
- 1 celery stalk, diced
- 1 carrot, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 28 oz plum tomatoes (795 g)
- 2 cups red wine (480 mL)
- 1 dried bay leaf
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh parsley, plus more for serving
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh sage
- Calories 433
- Fat 13g
- Carbs 18g
- Fiber 2g
- Sugar 4g
- Protein 55g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- In a small bowl, combine the flour, 1 tablespoon of salt, and the pepper. Rub the flour mixture all over the beef.
- Heat the olive oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Sear the meat on all sides until golden brown.
- Transfer the meat to a slow cooker. Add the red onion, celery, carrot, garlic, tomatoes, wine, bay leaf, and remaining ½ tablespoon of salt. Cover and cook on low for 8 hours.
- Remove and discard the bay leaf. Stir in the parsley and sage. Serve the stew with your favorite side dish and sprinkle more parsley on top.
- Hate losing that perfect recipe? Save and organize recipes easily on the Tasty app. Download now.