92% would make again
Slow Cooker Beef Stew
featured in 6 Warming Soups and Stews
Inspired by thegunnysack.com
for 8 servings
- 3 lb chuck roast (1.5 kg)
- ⅓ cup all-purpose flour (40 g)
- 1 ½ tablespoons salt, divided
- ½ tablespoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup red onion (150 g), diced
- 1 celery stalk, diced
- 1 carrot, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 28 oz can of plum tomatoes (795 g)
- 2 cups red wine (480 mL)
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped, plus more for serving
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh sage
- Calories 433
- Fat 13g
- Carbs 18g
- Fiber 2g
- Sugar 4g
- Protein 55g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- In a small bowl, combine the flour, 1 tablespoon of salt, and the pepper. Rub the flour mixture on the beef, making sure it is covered entirely.
- Heat oil in large skillet. Sear the meat on all sides until golden brown.
- Transfer meat to a slow cooker. Add the onion, celery, carrot, garlic, tomatoes, wine, bay leaf, and remaining ½ tablespoon salt. Cook on low for 8 hours.
- Remove and discard the bay leaf. Stir in the parsley and sage. Serve the stew with your favorite side dish and sprinkle more parsley on top.