92% would make again
Slow Cooker Beef Stew
featured in 6 Warming Soups and Stews
Get ready to savor the rich, comforting flavors of this Slow Cooker Beef Stew that'll warm your soul! Let your slow cooker do all the work while you sit back and enjoy the mouthwatering aroma wafting through your kitchen.
May 05, 2023
for 8 servings
- 3 lb chuck roast (1.5 kg)
- ⅓ cup all-purpose flour (40 g)
- 1 ½ tablespoons salt, divided
- ½ tablespoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup red onion (150 g), diced
- 1 celery stalk, diced
- 1 carrot, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 28 oz can of plum tomatoes (795 g)
- 2 cups red wine (480 mL)
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped, plus more for serving
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh sage
- Calories 433
- Fat 13g
- Carbs 18g
- Fiber 2g
- Sugar 4g
- Protein 55g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- In a small bowl, combine the flour, 1 tablespoon of salt, and the pepper. Rub the flour mixture on the beef, making sure it is covered entirely.
- Heat oil in large skillet. Sear the meat on all sides until golden brown.
- Transfer meat to a slow cooker. Add the onion, celery, carrot, garlic, tomatoes, wine, bay leaf, and remaining ½ tablespoon salt. Cook on low for 8 hours.
- Remove and discard the bay leaf. Stir in the parsley and sage. Serve the stew with your favorite side dish and sprinkle more parsley on top.