98% would make again
Spaghetti With Fresh Tomato Sauce
featured in 3 Pasta Dishes
for 4 servings
- 1 lb spaghetti (455 g)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups cherry tomato (400 g)
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- 1 cup white wine (235 mL)
- 1 cup parmesan cheese (110 g)
- ½ cup fresh basil (20 g), chopped
- Calories 631
- Fat 14g
- Carbs 95g
- Fiber 5g
- Sugar 6g
- Protein 24g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Cook spaghetti in boiling salted water until it’s al dente. Reserve 1 cup (235 ml) of the pasta water before draining.
- While the spaghetti is cooking, heat olive oil in a large pan (it should be large enough to toss the pasta in). Add garlic and tomatoes, and stir until well-incorporated. Season with salt and pepper.
- Cook tomatoes down for 5 minutes until they soften and release some of their juices.
- Then add the wine and allow that to reduce for 5-10 minutes until you’re left with a syrupy sauce.
- Add the pasta to your sauce, along with a splash of pasta water and toss to coat it for about 1-2 minutes so the pasta finishes cooking and absorbs the flavor of the sauce.
- Add the parmesan and basil. Add another small splash of pasta water, if needed. Toss until the cheese is melted down and you’re left with a smooth sauce.
- Gradually add small amounts of pasta water, as needed, until the sauce reaches your desired smoothness.
- Top off with extra parmesan and basil and serve immediately.